About the Festival
The LICFF (Lahore International Children’s Film Festival) is a project of The Little Art. It’s an annual event to showcase the best of local and international films made by, for or about children and youth. The Festival was started in 2008, and has completed its 11 seasons successfully and has reached to nearly 501,550 audiences.
#LICFF20 is the 12th edition of festival, and it’s official partner is Cinepax Cinemas. It is the largest cinema chain in Pakistan that covers 14 locations in 9 cities and is running 50 screens across Pakistan.
Aiming at education as well as entertainment, the film festival is dedicated to promote the culture of film watching, media literacy and alternative learning among children and youth. Each year, the festival brings some of the best international films to Pakistan to promote, peace, creativity, social awareness, world cultures and the arts.
The Festival reaches to nearly 30,000 children and young people each year, from urban to rural areas. The festival defines “children and youth” as its primary beneficiaries, irrespective of their gender, social status, class, education or income level.
The festival has an inclusive approach to involve marginalized and less privileged children as its audience. We collaborate with NGOs and community organizations to show the world’s best films to out-of-school and marginalized children across Pakistan.
2020 is the 12th season of the Festival, and will take place in Lahore, Pakistan in October 2020 and after that through outreach program it will cover the other Urban and Rural cities across Pakistan.
The Festival will showcase films by, for and about children and youth in the following age groups.
- Up to 7 years
- 8 -13 years old
- 14-18 years old
- 18+ (films about children, suitable with parental guidance or might not be suitable for minor viewing.)
- Shorts (Animation) – Competitive section for animation short films for children and young people
- Shorts (Live Action) – Competitive section for live action short films for children and young people
- Feature (Live Action) – Competitive section for feature live action films for children and young people
- Feature (Animation) – Competitive section for feature animation films for children and young people
- Documentary films – Competitive sections for documentary films, for and about children and young people
- Films made by Children – Competitive section for films made by under 18 children and young people
- Pakistani Section (feature, animation, shorts) – Competitive section for films from Pakistan
- Non-competitive Shorts – Non-competitive section of short films
Entry of films in the Festival
Film Producers, Directors, Distributors or their duly authorized representatives or duly authorized government organization / agency of the participating countries may enter their films.
The Festival organizers reserve the right to invite films they consider suitable for the film festival.
Festival accepts uncompressed digital files (MOV/MP4) formats, which can be sent online (preferred) to us at [email protected]
Films will normally be screened in their original language/version. Films in a language other than English must have subtitles in English. Films that arrive without subtitles, or with subtitles other than in English, where such subtitles are not required, shall not be screened at the Festival.
Films other than the one made by, for and about children and youth are eligible.
The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in the 12th LICFF with regard to parties connected with the production / distribution of the participating film and / or other right holders/licenses.
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
Films entered in the Competition Section must fulfill the following conditions:
Films must be for children of all ages.
Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by this Festival. A film which is not accepted for the Competition Section can be shown in other Section with the specific consent of the entrant.
No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury. All Members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the films submitted for their judgment until after the jury’s decisions have been formally published/declared.
Films which submitted in the last year’s festival are not acceptable, whether accepted or rejected.
The following prizes will be given away:
- Best Short Film (Animation, in respective Festival section)
- Best Short Film (Live Action, in respective Festival section)
- Best Feature Film (Animation, in respective Festival section)
- Best Feature Film (Live Action, in respective Festival section)
- Best Documentary (in respective Festival section)
- Best Child-Made Film
- Best Pakistani Cinema
The organizers of the festival reserve the right to make changes in the screening schedule of films.
Report 11th LICFF 2019 Volunteer with us LICFF Facebook Page The Little Art Website